Purpose, Goals, Intentionality
VIM - Vision, Intention, Means - Dallas Willard
"Without VIM (or purpose goals, and intentionality) being understood, the inner person is left substantially as it was, as it is in non-Christians… That is why today you find many Christians circling back to non-Christian sources to resolve the problems of their inner life." Dallas Willard (these are essential if we are to make progress in Christian spiritual formation) (click here for an article by Dallas explaining his V-I-M principle)
Purpose – To Know God (My soul shall not find rest until it rests in Thee – Augustine)
- Simeon & Anna
- This is eternal life – that we may know the only true God - John 17 (Jesus’ prayer)
- Love the Lord with all your being…
- Simeon – consolation of his people
- Anna – redemption of her people
- Matthew 28:19 – Go… make disciples (or as you are going… not some far off place but rather right where you are as you live your everyday life)
- Love your neighbor as yourself
- John 4 – The Samaritan woman at the well
- Jesus intentionally broke through political, religious, and social barriers to stay to the purpose and goal.
People need Jesus. They need his love and mercy and grace. In this year ahead, let’s be determined and intentional to make Jesus known!
Here is a short thought provoking video clip by Francis Chan that we watched in Sunday School. As always you are invited to share your comments.